The purpose of this BlogFest is to give participants some practical experience in being part of a blogging community. It will hopefully be a community in which we can learn from each other and bounce ideas off each other.

Twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays) from January 4 - 22 you will be set a task. Each task will be described in a new post on this blog.

Once you have written a post on your blog that complies with the task, then you will tell us where to go to see your blog post.

Part of every task is visit the blogs of other participants and leave a comment.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Task #4: Following Blogs

Kerrie's logo

Wow, you all did so well in Task #2. You put my BlogFest logo to
shame.

In this post I am displaying some of the BlogFest logos that people have created.
You will see that in the sidebar I am running a little poll, so you can vote for the one that you think is the best. None of us will be offended if you don't choose ours. What do you think? (BTW if you click on View Comments under the poll you can leave a comment too on the PollDaddy site)









Cecily 1
Caroline's



















Ali's logo
Cecily 2











Nick's logo

Today's task is about following the blogs of others.
If blogging is the beginning of a conversation, then you need to follow some blogs as well as wanting people to follow you.

So today's task is 2-fold.
  1. In your blog post list at least 10 blogs you think are worth following. You might like to write a little comment about the blog, the author, what you find valuable etc.
  2. What tool do you use to follow blogs? Does it have any drawbacks? What do you think are its good points?
Come back here and add your name (or that of your blog) and the URL of your post to Mr Linky below.
  • Visit the posts of others to see what they have said, and of course leave a comment.
Task #5 will appear on Monday 18 January.

We have only 2 more tasks to be scheduled - Monday 18 January, and Thursday 22 January.
Is there anything in particular you would like those tasks to deal with? Leave a comment on this post if so, and I will try to include them.



3 comments:

  1. This challenge was a bit more time consuming that the others have been but I think it was well worth it. I have to say I chickened out of using the me.edu.au blog because I couldn't face all the image uploading that I wanted to do in my post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This task simply confirmed that I'm still a novice at blogging. But, it has been an eye opener. There is so much useful blogging out there. My problem is the amount to follow all those blogs and the time required to partake in discussions. Even in my retirement days I still find I do not have enough hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was certianly a good challenge. As I am new to blogging it was a good research exercise for me. I know that adding pictures would have made a huge difference to my blog, but I reverted to using headings instead to at least have some distinction in the long text!

    ReplyDelete